Saturday, January 19, 2008

One week down! Many more to come!


Hi all, as you can see thanks to the lovely older sister anna i now have a blog that you can all see and come to for pictures and just updates about what I am doing. Cool huh? Yeah I thought so too. Well the past week as beed a whirlwind adventure and I let me just say that I am learning something new everyday. The people have been very nice and accomodating and quite halarious as well. I went into Liverpool the past two days to do some shopping. They have this place called Primark which is bascially an upscale walmart but only with clothes....ok so really cheap clothes I should say, but cute! so i got some stuff from there but not much, no worries I am saving some for the big places like Barcelona which I might add I am going to in two weekends. 10 people from my hall are all going to barcelona on a plane for under 40$ per person! Yeah, Europe is awesome let me just say that. Anyway, I also have a plane booked for Milan Italy at the end of February and that should be a blast as well. Other than that I am just getting ready to start classes on Monday along with joining the Field Hockey team. I got a stick and everything! So this week should be exciting, but I am missing all of you and mainly just being able to call home whenever i feel lonely or want to talk, but I will survive. Email and this will haev to to for now I suppose. If you know of anyone who might want to be updated on my trip as well just feel free to give them this address and they can check it out. Well hope all is well there and let me know what is up with all of you! Love you!

PS- Here are a few weird things about this country that I have already found out:
1) They dont like ketchup or penut butter. When you ask for some ketchup (aside for paying per packet) they only give you onepacket of ketchup! Who eats fries with only one packet of ketchup!
2)"are you alright?" means like what is up. Talk about confusing! Each time i get weirded out that the cashier of the store is concerned with my wellbeing!
3)They are obsessed with telling you where fire exits are. Apparently knowing where the fire exits are in a building can be nice art or something cause they are everywhere!
4) No one writes in notebooks. A notebook that you could get at like taret for 70 cents is like 4 dollars over here! Not cool. Oh and they are only in like one store in the entire town, odd.

But...you got to love em! I mean i guess i am the weird one being in their country and all :)

5 comments:

a.h.d.l. said...

auds, please tell me you didn't order fries at like mcdonalds or something!? oh my, haha. and that is hilarious about asking if you are alright. are they offended if you give them a look from being confused? i feel like our version of english is really completely different. you practically don't speak the language i feel. i am really excited for you to travel. it sounds like you are making the most out of this semester which is awesome. every thing i read makes me envy your position and smile because i know you are falling in love as much as i did. anyway, i'm glad you are well and i'm glad to see you are using the blog. i hope it is as straight forward as i told you it was. i miss you lots and can't wait to talk to you! p.s. did you get my little sto-away present?

Denise Ford said...

Audrey,
This is the first time I've ever commented on a blog that was written by my godchild!! I love the pictures on Snapfish.

Alright then?

I can't wait for the next update. Have a great first week of school. I used to always call you on your first day, but I guess I'll drop a comment instead.

Good luck with field hockey. Oh, by the way, ketchup on fries is overrated --- salt, salt, and more salt!!

Alice said...

Hi Audrey,
So glad to see that you're having an awesome time and making the most of being in England, and Europe. Now keep putting you pics on this blog so we can see what you're doing. We miss having you in the states, and being able to pick up the phone and call anytime.
Love you, Cheers,
Mom

Bill said...

Hey Auds. Nice blog! I don't want to "clog the blog" so I will keep my initial post short. Keep them coming! Love dad

Patrice said...

Audrey,
Your site is awesome. I will be checking it out frequently. I am glad you are exploring & having fun. Love, Aunt Pat